Before you color your hair, choose the right shade is one of the most important tasks you would have to bear in mind. But you can’t simply choose the first one you see on the shelf. There are several facts you need to consider doing this and learning about it extensive is possible by reading magazines or visiting sites like Sherry’s Life.
Consider You Skin Tone and Complexion
Choose a hair color that is most flattering for your skin tone and complexion. In order to choose hair color based on your skin color, know first the undertone of your complexion. And there are three types of undertones, which are:
- Deep undertones is perfect for more intense colors
- Red and chocolate brown colors are flattering for this undertone
- Cool undertones are more flattering with pink or blue-based colors
When it comes to skin complexion, consider the following:
- Fair Skin. Lighter skinned people can go for paler hair colors. They have wider selection of colors since almost all types of shades can be perfect for them
- Medium Skin. Having medium colored skin carries lots of spectrum in terms of shades. They also are perfect backdrop for high-contrast highlights.
- Olive Skin. This skin complexion is perfect for deep and earthy rich brown colored hair.
- Dark Skin. For dark skin complexion, rich and warm colors for the hair are perfect, including toffee, mahogany, and maple brown.
Choose Hair Color Based on Your Skin Type
Skin types do not only consider the color of your skin but the complete package, including your ethnicity, eye color, and hair color. The different skin types that should be considered in choosing hair color are:
- Spring Type– refers to people with light or peach tone complexion, light-colored eye tone, and blonde hair. They are perfect with light yellowish or reddish hair colors.
- Summer Type– refers to people with tender rosy skin with violet or bluish undertone, blue and green eye colors, and ashen base hair colors. People with blonde hair green eyes are perfect example of this type. They are perfect with platinum or silver streaks but must avoid copper and mahogany.
- Autumn Type– refers to people with deep bronze tone with green, blue, and turquoise eye colors, and dark brown hair. They are perfect with copper and warm red tones for their hair color.
- Winter Type– refers to people with very light complexion with ice-blue, gray, and dark brown eye color, and black to bluish black hair color. They are perfect with bluish black gloss and eggplant and mahogany colors.