Having carpets in your home could require a bit of maintenance, especially if you live in a home with active children or have carpet in high traffic areas prone to getting a lot of mess on your carpet. As a result, you will likely need carpet cleaning services. Specialized carpet cleaning companies, ones like EKO Carpet & Rug Cleaning Metairie are experts in the fields of spot cleaning, carpet cleaning, as well as stain removing. This can be helpful if you require a deep clean of your carpets, or have pesky stains that you cannot get out.
If you just have minor issues, this is something that can be taken care of by yourself at home. It can be costly to just have a company immediately come out to clean a minor mess, like getting some spots on the carpet. For those minor issues, there are some things that you can try before calling a professional in to save your carpet. Just remember, above anything else, a carpet is an investment in your home and if you do not take proper care of your carpet, you can attract mold and further stain the carpet.
When you just get mud on your carpet, you may not need to go through a professional cleaner to clean it up. In these cases, it may be best to clean up the carpet yourself. These are some steps to help you clean mud out of your carpets:
- You should let the mud dry before trying to clean it. Dry mud is a lot easier to remove than wet mud as cleaning wet mud can really get into the fibers of your carpet, making a much larger mess and requiring the need for professional help.
- After the mud has dried, run a vacuum over the spots. Move slowly as you go by, as the slower you go, the more particles that will be picked up. Be sure to do this around 16 times, moving in all directions.
- After this, you can make a detergent out of liquid dish soap and water, using a white cloth to put the solution you just made on the carpet. Using a white cloth will help you see the dirt being lifted from the carpet. Continue to do this until the stain is gone, switching out the cloth as needed.
- Use a clean cloth or paper towels to dry the area.
- If these steps do not work, you will need to call a carpet professional.
The carpet cleaners at EKO Carpet & Rug Cleaning Metairie are ready to help you with your carpet cleaning needs. They go through an extensive process to really ensure that the customer will be satisfied. They do a series of pretreats that really help the cleaning process be as thorough as possible. If you find that you are having trouble cleaning stains and mud out of your carpet, they will help provide the professional help that you need at a reasonable price.
Visit us online at Carpet cleaning Services Metairie