I suppose you will be confronted with storing your lace front wigs when you take turns wearing them after you have made an investment in obtaining them. How do you keep your wigs in excellent shape when you aren’t using them on a regular basis?
This step must be completed before you store your lace front wigs: make sure the wigs are clean and dry. That means you should wash your wigs and make sure they are thoroughly dry or blow-dried, especially if they are made of real hair.
When your wigs are locked up in a dark spot for an extended period of time, even the tiniest amount of moisture can cause mould to grow on them.
Why is it important to preserve wigs properly?
Have you ever admired girls with long, luscious locks? Do you aspire to be as successful as she is? Let’s get some wigs. It not only gives you beautiful hair, but it also hides any flaws on your head.
Wigs are an investment, and many who wear them want to keep them for a long time. Understanding a few techniques might assist you in keeping the wig in good shape and appearing fresher for longer. So, why should you keep your lace front wigs in storage?
Keep your hair in good condition.
If you use the lace front wig regularly without storing it, it may grow frizzy and fade in colour. Do you want to wear lace front wigs that are both dry and unattractive?
Never, ever, ever. As a result, you’ll need to devote some effort to maintaining and improving your overall quality of yours.
list of 10 recommendations to assist you in properly caring for and preserving your wig.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to detangle hair from ends to roots before washing. Never comb your hair too tightly from the root, since this can result in shedding.
- Wash your wig every few wearings if you wear it every day, or once a week if you wear it every day. Dirty hair is difficult to maintain and becomes tangled, resulting in shedding.
- When washing, never use hot or cold water. Hot water may cause the wig to loosen, while cold water is ineffective in removing dirt.
- To minimise matting and knots, always rinse human hair with the water running in the same direction as the hair.
- When washing, give extra attention to the region around the face where dirt, oil, and makeup can build.
- When washing or drying your wig, never twist or rub it forcefully.
- To keep your human hair wigs smooth and manageable, wash and style them using sulfate-free care solutions developed for chemically treated hair.
- Never put a damp wig on a mannequin or Styrofoam head to avoid straining the cap. The ideal drying platforms are foldable wig stands or a tall can of hairspray.
- Keep two wigs on hand at all times. This way, if one wig has to be washed, you have a backup wig ready to go. Rotating wigs also helps to increase the life of the wig.
- If you want to preserve your lace front wigs, make sure it’s cleaned and completely dry before putting them in the black net that came with them. When your wig isn’t being worn, don’t use any products.