Did you know that sisal rugs have been in existence since the 1960’s? That being said, no area rug is more poised and ready to turn your dull spaces into modern wonders. The sisal rug is complex yet simple, customizable yet extremely uniform, understated yet still able to bring your room together in ways that you may have never dreamed of.
Benefits of Sisal Rugs
- Sisal rugs are 100% natural. They are made from fibers that come from the Mexican agave. If you happen to be in search of an eco – friendly and chemical free alternative to your existing area rugs, this is the best way to go. When you are shopping for your new area rug, make sure that you are buying them from a dealer who is not just reputable, but who is also a specialist in natural and sustainable floor dressings. Even this sisal material can be disastrous to the environment if it has been woven using an irresponsible process of manufacturing.
- Sisal is very attractive when it is used as carpeting. The fibers of it are woven in a delicate process for an overall look that is symmetrical, uniform and nearly hypnotic. That being said, not all of them are created equally. They are available is a wide variety of sizes, shapes, colors and patterns.
- Because the weaving is extremely dense, sisal rugs are incredibly durable and can easily handle being in high traffic areas and remain looking great.
Giving Your Home a Modern Look
If you notice that your interior is beginning to appear bland or outdated, it is easy to spruce it up with sisal. Here are some things to look for when you are shopping for sisal area rugs to brighten up and modernize those dull spaces.
- Go with bright colors. Ivory and beige are quite popular. These colors are inviting, warm and soothing. However, if you have indoor pets, you might want to think about getting darker colors so as to mask the hair that animals tend to shed.
- Get a rug that is big enough to reach all of the furniture while not covering the whole floor. You should still be able to see a bit of the flooring around the perimeter of the room.
- Larger room? You can use a number of area rugs that have varying colors and styles in order to differentiate the different areas of the room.
- Consider complimentary colors. The sisal rug doesn’t necessarily have to match the color of your décor and walls, but is should blend in nicely with them. When you are looking at what is available, make sure to keep the bigger picture in mind.
Lastly, have fun with it. Shopping for area rugs doesn’t need to be a chore. Measure before you shop and you will get the look you want in no time.